Beez Fintech Sdn Bhd (“BFSB“) is committed to protecting the personal data, provided by you, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA“). This policy (which may be amended or updated by BFSB from time to time) seeks to outline how BFSB intends to deliver all the rights and protections that you are entitled to under the PDPA in relation to the operation of “bayarlah” unified QR code payment system.
- DISCLOSURE OBLIGATION
- Your information is essential for BFSB to render its services to you. As part of the quotation, account opening and order fulfilment processes, BFSB will be asking you for your personal information in order to provide an appropriate quotation and services tailored to your needs.
- You have the opportunity to make choices. If you do not provide this data, it will not be possible for you to open an account with BFSB or BFSB will not have sufficient information to provide relevant services to you.
- You shall provide up-to-date and complete personal data to BFSB to enable providing appropriate and quality services to you.
- NATURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The nature of the personal data that BFSB collect, and where it comes from may include:
- personal data as provided by you on account opening applications, subscribing to BFSB service, seeking a quotation for a policy, for a renewal, for an endorsement, of for making a claim or for requesting further services, fulfillment of your orders or other forms, which may include but is not limited to :-
- your name;
- date of birth;
- home address or correspondence address;
- bank account details, including account numbers;
- payment details, including credit card and banking information;
- contact details, including contact name, telephone number and email address;
- information required for the verification of your identity, including Identity Card number and passport number;
- personal details such as age, race, nationality, languages; height, weight;
- employment details such as employer’s name, designation, years of service, income;
- lifestyle such as frequency of exercise, smoking habits, driving behavior, food intake, and;
- medical reports or records.
- personal data about your transactions with BFSB, its affiliates or third parties, such as account balances, payment history and account activity; or
- personal data about you as a result of correspondences with you, referral programmes, contests or surveys.
- details of your visits to BFSB website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for BFSB own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- personal data about yourself which you may have provided to third parties insurers for the purposes of your insurance policy.
Cookies are data files that contain and collect data. When you browse BFSB Site, cookies will be stored in your computer’s hard drive. This helps BFSB to provide you with a good experience when you browse BFSB Site and also allows BFSB to improve BFSB Site (see below for more details). BFSB will not collect any personal data from you under this circumstance. You have a choice not to accept the cookies, but if you do, certain functionality may not be available.
BFSB Site uses the cookies to, distinguish you from other users of BFSB Site, to enable you to move throughout BFSB Site, to enable BFSB to customise your experience of BFSB Site to you and your interests by remembering your preferences as to language, font size etc., to determine previous and/or subsequent websites that you have visited to enable a better understanding of your behaviour and preferences, and to improve our Site through monitoring usage trends.
- USERS OF PERSONAL DATA
- All your personal data will be kept confidential but such personal data may be processed or used by the following persons:
- by BFSB and/or any of its affiliates or associates located within or outside of Malaysia;
- any director, officer or employee or agent of BFSB;
- any contractor, agent or service provider which provides administrative, data processing, financial, computer, telecommunications, payment or securities clearing, lawyers, advisers, professional or other services authorized by BFSB when carrying out your instructions and/or BFSB business;
- any of BFSB actual or proposed assignee, or participant or sub-participant of BFSB rights in respect of a customer, to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation or sub-participation;
- any governmental, regulatory or other bodies or institutions, whether as required by law or regulations applicable to BFSB and/or any of BFSB affiliates or associates;
- any third party designated or appointed by you with reasons that are accepted by BFSB;
- a drawee bank providing a copy of a paid cheque (which may contain information about the payee) to the drawer; or
- to such parties as may be permitted under Malaysian laws.
- USES OF PERSONAL DATA
- All your personal data may be processed or used for the following purposes:
- carrying out new or existing client verification;
- ongoing account administration and services in connection with your account, including the collection of amounts due, enforcement of security, charge or other rights and interests;
- identifying policies of insurance for which you may be eligible and to obtain quotes on your behalf designing further products and services or marketing BFSB’s existing or future products and services to you;
- application for policies of insurance that you make, and any policy endorsements, cancellations or renewals forming part of BFSB’s records in accordance with relevant laws;
- issuance and administration of policies of insurance that you take out including claims handling;
- providing on the terms of any other agreements and services relating to you;
- any purpose relating to or in connection with compliance with any law, regulation, court order or order of any regulatory body;
- any other purpose relating to the execution of your instructions or in connection with BFSB’s business or dealings;
- conducting market research including the number of users, profile of users and using such analysis for BFSB’s business plans or the enhancement of BFSB’s products and services;
- to communicate with you and respond to your inquiries;
- facilitate your participation in BFSB’s rewards program and notification to you; or
- for all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above.
- BFSB will not intentionally disclose your personal data to any third party for any purpose other than for such purposes to which your consent encompasses except in the following circumstances:
- you have given BFSB your consent for the disclosure;
- the disclosure;
- is necessary for the purpose of preventing or detecting a crime, or for the purpose of investigations; or
- was required or authorized by or under any law or by the order of a court;
- BFSB disclosed your personal data in the reasonable belief that BFSB had in law the right to disclose the personal data to the other person;
- BFSB disclosed your personal data in the reasonable belief that BFSB would have had your consent if you had known of the disclosing of your personal data and the circumstances of such disclosure; or
- the disclosure was justified as being in the public interest in circumstances as determined by the Malaysian Minister of Communications and Multimedia.
- For the avoidance of doubt, BFSB may disclose your personal data to any of our officers, employees, agents or affiliates on a need-to-know basis without obtaining your prior consent.
- USE OF PERSONAL DATA IN DIRECT MARKETING
Your personal data may be used by BFSB in direct marketing. In this regard, please note the following:
- the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed:
- financial, insurance and investment related services and products as well as any associated promotional offers;
- reward, loyalty or privileges programmes and related services and products;
- services and products offered by BFSB co-branding partners; and
- donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes;
- the above services, products and subjects may be provided or (in the case of donation and contributions) solicited by BFSB and/or:
- any of BFSB and or its affiliates and associates;
- third party financial institution, insurance and investment services providers;
- third party reward, loyalty, co-branding or privileges programme providers;
- BFSB co-branding partners; and
- charitable or non-profit making organizations.
- RIGHTS OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You have the right to access, correct and update your personal data in accordance with the PDPA. In general, and subject to certain exemptions, you are entitled to:
- enquire whether BFSB holds your personal data;
- request access to your personal data within a reasonable time, at a prescribed fee, in a reasonable manner and in a form that is intelligible;
- request the correction of your personal data; and
- be given reasons if a request for access or correction is refused, and object to any such refusal.
- SECURITY AND RETENTION
Once BFSB have received your Personal Data, BFSB will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, including anti-virus software. Any personal data which you provide to BFSB is stored on BFSB secure servers. Any payment transactions and all pages that require the submission of personal data will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology.Where BFSB have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of BFSB’s website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You shall not share your login and password with anyone.BFSB will only keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected as well as to ensure due compliance with the law. Once they are no longer required to be retained by BFSB, BFSB will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Date is destroyed and permanently deleted.
- LAW AND JURISDICTION
- CONTACT BFSB
If you do not wish for your data to be used in direct marketing or wish to request access to and/or correct your personal data, please email the request to the Compliance Officer at [email protected].
Dated: November 2021